Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tomatoes


This is how I know I'm back: I took a picture of a bowl of tomatoes.

About 2 weeks ago I picked around 10 pounds of green tomatoes off our plants in the garden. They were still green, but the nights were getting too cold to allow them the time they needed on the vine to ripen. Tomatoes will ripen off the vine too. So we've had pounds of tomatoes on our window sills and counters for weeks ripening.

Today, I noticed they were pretty.

I put them in a cobalt blue bowl and snapped a picture.

And that is how I know that the depression is lifting. I feel human. I notice beauty. I think homemade vegetable soup tastes delicious, and it's not even a carbohydrate. Well at least not of the doughnut, muffin, cookie, scone variety.

I'm back. The funny thing is that for a long time I didn't know I was missing. It's strange that I could become so good at pantomime that I convinced even myself that that what I was doing was real life.

The words are back too! I have a half a dozen blogs percolating in my brain. I'll share them as I get the chance.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: