Friday, October 10, 2008

Santa Fe






We've succeeded in finding some of the best green chili around. It's at this little hole in the wall (Tecolote) that specializes in breakfast. Delicious. What's best is the absolutely tacky decor. The have a whole wall dedicated to cross stitched unicorns - for real. I cannot even begin to explain it.
For the record, we've done okay on the margarita front. They weren't prickly pear. But they were fab. So fab that I waited for 10 minutes or so before I trusted myself to stand up to use the rest room. Note to self, do not suck down a delicious margarita on an empty stomach, especially when you are a known light weight. Maria's Santa Fe Kitchen is also a hole in the wall with unique decor. This 50 year old restaurant was lit by neon encrusted wagon wheels hanging from the ceiling. Again, I cannot explain it. Bizarre only begins to describe it - but for the margaritas, bizarre decor is easy to take.

No comments: