Monday, October 6, 2008

#300

This is my 300th post. There is just no telling the countless hours I've spent writing to you, my adoring fans (all 10 of you). It feels like I should write something monumentally important, something memorable.

Alas, before I logged in and discovered that this was number 300 I had in mind to tell you about my cinnamon roll discovery. This is distinctly not monumental, but I'm going to have to go with it.

King Soopers has begun to carry a pretty respectable amount of gluten free products. Among them is a tiny little freezer section of GF baked good, and hidden there was a 4 pack of cinnamon rolls. I recognized them as cinnamon rolls immediately, because they, well they looked like cinnamon rolls. Now those of you who aren't GF are saying, "duh" right now. But the GF among us know that this is no small feat. Cinnamon rolls that look like cinnamon rolls are a BIG DEAL.

My sister, Gretchen, is the Rock Star of Junk Food and an amazing GF baker to boot. But even she has had minimal success on the cinnamon roll front. Cinnamon rolls are the final frontier of gluten free baking. I can do pizza crust, and bread and muffins, and foccasia. Cakes and cookies are a breeze. But the cinnamon roll has eluded me...until this morning. I nuked that bad boy for a few seconds, and poured a cup of coffee. Yummy. It was an "all is right with the world" moment.

And on this, my 300th post, I wish you the same. Have a cinnamon roll morning...even if there isn't a cinnamon roll in sight. Make a discovery. Find a simple pleasure. And pour yourself a cup of coffee.

5 comments:

Kari said...

Happy 300...from one of your 10 readers!

And I LOVE a good cinnamon roll!

Matthew Crocker said...

I want a cinnabon roll- was it as good as that?

Anonymous said...

At the very least you could tell us the brand of cinnamon roll that deserved the 300th post!
Amanda

stephaniejwood said...

Udi's made the rolls. They weren't as good as Cinnabon, but they looked good, and tasted good...and that's worth celebrating. I wonder if they sell them fresh at Udi's bakery...hmmm...probably worth some investigation.

Unknown said...

Can I be #10? I've always wanted to be a 10... not going to happen in the real world, but in the blog world, maybe?