Sunday, October 19, 2008

randomness..

-Yesterday was Fall Family Fun Day, our family's bizarre made-up holiday. It's an annual tradition that has, in years past, included events such as gourd bowling and pumpkin seed spitting contests. This year was relatively tame - we stuck to pumpkin carving, football and face painting. A good time was had by all.

-I'm still feeling cruddy s0 I convinced hubby to ditch church (we do church Sat. evenings) instead of hurrying home from FFFD to be spiritual. I know what you're thinking - Freakin' Heathen. DEAL!

-Instead of attending church the kids gave me a spa treatment. E massaged my hands. Em brushed my hair, applied make-up, and rubbed my back. Then she sprayed me with perfume and applied deoderant to my underarms. Bub applied lotion to the tops of my feet and to my shins. Heaven knows, your shins can never be too moisturized. And applying deoderant goes above and beyond the call of duty. Sweet kids.

Later, Em gave Bub a spa treatment. It consisted of Karate chopping his back - a sort of sisterly back massage, I think. Then she applied Eddie's deoderant to Bub's armpits. I overheard her saying, "It's so you don't stink and you smell spicey...then you be able to get a cuter girlfriend." Not sure what to make of that one.

My husband rocks! He knows I feel cruddy so he super cleaned the kitchen. It sparkles. He vacuumed too! Nothing says love like a clean sink and those little vacuumy lines on the carpet. MY HERO!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Amen! Cleaning is definitely a sure fire way to my heart!