Saturday, April 21, 2007

Six-Flags has Nothing on Adoption

Our social worker left a voice mail yesterday that another family had been chosen for the 2 babies. She was gracious, and thanked us for thinking though the possibility of doing the sibling "thing". As I listened to her talk I felt a little relieved; two babies and three young children is a lot to parent - especially if you throw in homeschooling. I also felt sad; these are two I'll never get to meet, let alone love. Mostly, I felt exhausted. Adoption has put me on an emotional roller-coaster - the "what-ifs" and the waiting are taxing in a way I can't describe. Anyway, it is my firm belief that the spinning, whirling, world of adoption blows Six Flags out of the water if you compare the number of tips and turns each has to offer.

No comments: