Thursday, April 26, 2007

Mini-Miracle

So Ed's got this friend who has an addiction to tools. He's got everything. The other day he called my husband, out of the blue, and asked if we needed help with our landscaping. He's got a new big ol' saw with a diamond blade that will cut through concrete. Hallelujah, an answered prayer!

Our home's previous owner started to build a huge deck in the middle of our back yard. The deck was was unfinished, but the concrete pads used for supporting the deck were complete. There were 9 posts - serious overkill and a serious pain to remove. We had gone rounds about what to do. Eddie wanted to dig them up by hand and I wanted to pay someone to remove them. I often win arguments like this, but I could tell I was going to lose this battle. So I started to pray. I asked God to either change my husbands heart, or bring us help....and along comes Denis with his enormous diamond bladed cutting machine - and in the matter of one Thursday evening all the concrete got dug up.

This is my own little mini-miracle -an answered prayer to remind me that in the middle of this season of waiting that we have not been forgotten. God cares about me - and concrete in my backyard is not too silly of a thing for him to care about.

No comments: