Saturday, April 14, 2007

An Adoption Update

Last Thursday I talked with our social worker; she put us on the short list of prospective parents for the sibling group - remember, the 2 babies. Are we really any closer to making a decision? No. But this move gives us more time to decide, and possibly more information about these little ones. This doesn't necessarily mean that we'll be chosen. Nor does it obligate us.

We'll just have to wait and see.

This morning I was feeling confident in my ability to parent a whole bunch of kids, but this evening I am tired. I remember what it feels like to be chronically tired. I remember the brain atrophy. Though there is no medical evidence to substanciate it, I am certain that the brain size of a woman who is parenting a baby actually shrinks; its only when the baby reaches age 2 that the brain cells regenerate. Thinking about doing the 2 baby thing makes me want to call it a night, and its only a quarter to 8.

1 comment:

Jennifer McHam said...

Stephanie,
I hear ya! But if anybody can do it you and your family can. We are praying for you.
Love,
Mark, Jen, & Tristan