Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My Hope

Why are you downcast oh my Soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God. - Psalms 43:5

Hope. Gotta have it. Without HOPE the drudgery of life will suck you in.

But as important as it is to hope; it's more important to hope in the right things.

Here is what I'm hoping for:

-Our landscaping project would be done quickly and beautifully, and under budget.
(can't have all 3 - 2 of the 3 - but not all 3)
-My kids would stop whining
(not likely)
-My husband and I would always see eye to eye
(also not going to happen in our lifetime)
-A truck for my husband
(fiscally responsible people would continue to drive the granny car until it dies - and the thing won't die)
-Swimming lessons, music lesson, and sports camps for my kids
(we can afford 1 of the 3 - and besides if my kids did all that stuff I'd have to drive them)
- A simple adoption process, not legal hang ups, no endless waiting, and of course the perfect kid
(this is social services after all - they specialize in bureaucracy. Inefficient is their middle name)

Are you beginning to see the dilemma? My hope is misplaced, and I'm heading towards disappointment. My hope needs to be in something/someone that doesn't disappoint. So in the words of the great hymn,

"On Christ the Solid Rock I stand - all other ground is sinking sand."

No comments: