Monday, September 1, 2008

Quick update.

We've never had cable TV. Never. Mostly, because I'm philosphically opposed to spending money to rot my brain out in front of the tube. I have dug in my heals, thrown my weight around and generally been annoying whenever the topic of getting cable gets brought up. I'be been successful at resisting for nigh on 10 years.

My Hubby LOVES the History channel. I mean LOVES it - to the point of obsession.
So, recently he did a little homework and discovered that it only costs us 5 bucks a month to add cable to our cable internet plan.

Guess who has cable TV? My kids were giddy when they discovered all the channels we have. They've watch hours and hours of TV this weekend. And I've watched a few too.

I raged against the machine...and I lost. But, you know, the History Channel is kinda interesting.

All that to say: the cable guy screwed up our internet access...so blogging maybe hit or miss till we get Comcast back out here.

1 comment:

Wendi Garland said...

Hi,

My friend Susan F turned me onto your blog - I love it! We too don't have cable - I have never in my life paid for cable (we had rabbit ears in Colorado which got us maybe 3 channels but since moving out to San Diego, zilch with the ears). So you're not alone, and you put up a good and faithful fight - way to last as long as you did!

We also just started homeschooling our oldest daughter Kindergarten and I loved your red marker-ed body parts. Great inspiration and laughs in the Garland home.

Thanks again for blessing us!
Wendi