Sunday, September 21, 2008

Irreverant

This link is not that nice. It's bitter, but at least it's clever and bitter. It say all the not nice things I want to say when someone comments about my choice to homeschool AND they catch me in a fiesty mood.

But, I must say I'm not just disgruntled at the non-homeschoolers. It's them homeschoolers too! I've been trying to find helpful articles about navigating homeschool burnout. But I can't find any that say sending your kids to school is a legitimate and sometimes appropriate option. Considering traditional school is not the same as handing your 10 year old a pack of cigarettes and a 40 then saying, "Go have fun!"

Sorry about that. I must be in one of my fiesty moods. I'll try to tone it down.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Hi Steffany,

This is Gretchen's mom-in-law and I hope that you don't mind me peaking at your blog every so often. I told Gretchen that if blogs were around in "my day" ;-) mine would have sounded a lot like yours.

You know those homeschooling magazines that show the perfect family, with perfect hair, perfect clothes and perfect days? We were so far from that it's not funny. I wrote an irreverant article about that one time...I think I still have it. If I do I'll write it out, email it to Gretchen and she can pass it on to you.