Friday, December 28, 2007

Utterly Dependent

Wednesday, my laptop crashed. I was so lost. How did I get to be so dependent on my computer? It's sort of pathetic really...I think I had withdrawl symptoms. We use our computer to:

-pay bills
-balance our accounts
-rent movies
-check email
-renew library books
-schedule our lives
-get music and podcasts
-teach my children spelling, phonics and math facts
-communicate with the kid's school
-make appointments
-check healthcare coverage
-get recipes
-make shopping lists
-blog
-store and share pictures
-keep contact information
-make to-do lists
-do research
-mapquest stuff
-look up phone numbers
-email
-etc.

What did used to do? Use phonebooks, and daytimers, and radios, and maps and paper? How archaic. Luckily, my brother-in-law is a trainer for Sony Vaio. He hooked me up, but I'm still missing all my pictures, and stuff on my hard drive. The moral of this story is back-up, back-up , back-up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.