Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year New Plan

I finally realized that teaching 2 children IS like having a job outside the home. I am a working mother. I need to schedule my life so that I have a chunk of time that I can dedicate to homeschooling and not feel pulled by my other responsibilities. This requires a little help from the rest of my family. They are simply gonna have to pitch in more than they have in the past. I am not the only one who lives in this house, why should I be the only one to clean it? And I don't generate all that laundry - there are others who can help out.

So my plan for the new year is to get my family to help me take care of the house. I'm having a hard time getting a lot of "buy-in" from the other members of the family, however. Imagine that! They liked the old system where they tossed their dirty clothes in the general vicinity of the hamper and the Laundry Fairy magically caused their clothes to appear clean and folded in their dressers. They liked it when they could spit giagantic wads of unused toothpaste into the sink and then leave them there...and then the Sanitizing Fairy would come through with a spunge and some 409 to whip things into shape. They think its gross to wash out sinks....funny how it doesn't bother them to leave gross jobs for someone else.

So round these parts its "Good bye Cleaning Fairy." and "Hello, Chore Nazi."

No comments: