Wednesday, December 5, 2007

To Excercise or not to Excercise...

There is a brand spankin' new healthclub opening up by our house. It's huge and reportedly very nice. It's got a cafe, and movies playing in the locker room. The best part is that childcare is $15 a month, no matter how many times you go, and no matter how many kids you have. I'm not sure that they realize that we have 4 kids - that's a serious bargain. I like bargains, and so we signed up. Hubby and I joke that we'll be going there for date night. We'll drop the kids off at in daycare, grab a coffee in the cafe and then each of us will go to our respective locker rooms to watch a movie. No work-out necesssary.

Well actually that's not totally accurate. I do need to workout. Its the only way I can go through life un-medicated. Plus there is the 15 lbs. I gained since Baby came home. That's gotta come off. The older I get the easier it is for me to gain weight and the harder it is to lose.

After E was born I did Body for Life( a weight training/cardio/diet plan). It worked great, and in a matter of 12 weeks I was in the best shape of my life and skinnier than when I got pregnant. I was considering trying that again so I checked out the website. The deal with BFL is that they do these challenges where people compete (for cash) to see who has the most radical transformation. The website is jam packed with inspiring before and after pictures. Everyone goes from flabby and saggy to trim, fit and tan (tan fat always looks thinner than white fat). After looking at the before and after pictures I got semi-inspired to do the challenge myself. Who couldn't use an extra 50K? Plus, my current fitness level would make for some fabulous before pictures.

But who are we kidding here? I am the stay-at-home/homeschool mom of 4. Do I really need to look like a super model? Fit and healthy would do. Skinnier would definately be a great, but I don't have to have the body of a 15 year old figure skater. I don't have to win Body for Life to have a body that is just right for my life.

No comments: