Monday, December 10, 2007

forgot my camera

http://crockershomepage.spaces.live.com/

I forgot my camera Friday night, when we went to Zoo Lights. Luckily, my sister remembered hers. Check out her blog to see the pictures.

Friday's are our Big Days. The two oldest kids go to their OPTIONS school, Bub has a playdate, and I'm either babysitting a ton of little boys, or reaping the rewards of the babysitting swap. Long story short: It was a serious pain to get 4 kids bundled and out the door for Zoo Lights, but it was fun...a memory maker to be sure.

We are done with homeschool until 2008. I told the kids we had the day off, and they're excited to help bake cookies and do Christmasy stuff. Unfortunately, just because we are taking a break from homeschooling doesn't mean that all of my other responsibilities are gone. My pile of laundry is impressive. My wood floors, though swept, are sticky. The social worker is coming Wednesday to re-certify our house. Currently, it is a pig sty. There are child sized hand prints on the mirror in the master bath. I want to know what kid was climbing on the counter in our bathroom and why. Plus there is an appt. for M to get her cavities filled (2).

Then there is the OPTIONS Christmas party at the rec center. I am dreading this event. First off, I've got to wear a bathing suit. Then I've got to take my four kids to the lousy event plus Gluten free food options for the pot-luck. Where are my shirpa's when I need them? Sounds miserable, and I'm not getting out of it. Bah-humbug.

Enough chit-chat...I've got cookies to bake, floors to mop, kids to nag, and Bub needs to be drugged (he's having a bad day, limping around pretty good).

No comments: