Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Today I hate homeschooling...

I need a place to vent, so here it is, TODAY'S SCHOOL STUNK! This is why it's irritating:
-My kids are supposed to learn a memory verse. This is easy for them, but today they dug in their heals. NOBODY knew the verse, they were creating stupid wrong ways to say the verse. Finally I sweetened the pot, I said, "I've got a peice of candy for the first kid who can say the verse correctly." Amazing how quickly all three of my kids spouted off the verse. They were literally just trying to be annoying - and it worked.
-Bub wanted to hear the same 2 dumb machine books again. He asked the same dumb questions is the same spots. He knows the answer to the questions, because he asked the questions yesterday. I think he likes asking questions he knows the answers to, but for a girl who is low on patience this it aggravating.
-M literally took a bite out of her basal reader - and ate it. She says paper tastes good. Then she pretended to read the words to the book, sounding out the tricky ones and everything. She "reads" the pictures and makes up what she thinks is a plausible story line. Somehow she thinks she will fake me out, like I can't read. Finally I told her, "M, I cannot read with you today, its too annoying." Guess what, she sat down and read the book perfectly.
- E hates copywork. He griped for 20 minutes, flopping on the floor and everything. Apparently he was overcome with a terrible headache, and so tired his hand wouldn't move. After 20 minutes of this he sat down and did his copywork perfectly in approximately 1 minute.

HOW DO THEY KNOW WHAT BUTTONS TO PUSH? THEY LITERALLY TRY TO IRRITATE ME. WHY OH WHY DO I HOMESCHOOL?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you homeschool because you're awesome at it and nobody else could do as good a job as you, NOBODY.

L.Y.M.E.