Thursday, August 9, 2007

Got a Keeper

So school went better yesterday. (Thanks for the tip Karen - I re-stocked our prize box!)

The afternoon was awful. Our social worker stopped by; I like her a lot but the timing was rotten. M was unloading the diswasher and she fell off the chair and got hurt. Then later she threw a respectable fit. E was sporting his new "do" (spikey hair) which we negotiated as an alternative to getting a mohawk like his cousin. Honestly, I don't really care if his hair is spikey, but if there is one time that I'd prefer to portray the image of a clean cut family - it'd be when the workers visit. Baby howled, and was basically a pain to get to sleep. Then, Bub asks, "Are you coming to take me away?" Our worker is awesome; she expects real life, and she helped Bub understand that he got to stay. But seriously...this all happened in the hour she was at our house. At least Bub didn't tell Danna "I don't think that baby likes you." (Which is what he told Baby's worker last time she visited).

The less than ideal social worker visit on top of some less than ideal behavior coming from the the younger members of our family left me spent. Hubby could tell that I'd had it when he called late in the afternoon. He decided not to go to Bible Study and came home with a rose and some Junior Mints (my favorite). He rocked fussy Baby and got Bub and M to sleep. MY HERO. I think I got the very best husband in the world. He didn't have to do that! And frankly, I was not that fun to be around, and I certainly didn't look my best. He just loves me and he came to my rescue. So to all you single ladies out there - He's taken, very, very taken.

No comments: