Sunday, August 19, 2007

Connections

I finally got up the nerve to call Baby's birth sisters' adoptive parents (did you follow that?). I don't know why I was nervous about it, but I was. It's hard for me to process that she is not just ours. She is God's child, and she has a birth family, and in particular, 2 big sisters.

Anyway, we're planning on meeting the girls' parents next week. Turns out they have tons of information and will be able to fill in a lot of the blanks for us. And they're really nice. They've been praying that Baby would have a good safe place to live and a family to love her. Kinda makes me feel silly about not calling earlier. Oh well!

Guess we will be getting some new extended family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were brave to get in touch with the birth family. Praying all will go well with that! You
ARE so sweet, how could they not know that Abbie will be loved a bunch and well cared for with a good Mom and Dad and brothers and sister you have provided for her.
You have a big heart and I'm proud of you.
Grandma T.