Saturday, November 29, 2008

Because this should be documented for posterity...

So it was the day after Thanksgiving and we went down to Littleton for a Christmas light parade, and leftovers at Grandpa's. Sounds harmless, fun even. Well, someone got the time of the parade wrong by an hour and a half. So, mostly we stood around in the cold for an hour with four kids plus assorted cousins. Never did make it to the parade.

My five and six year old had to pee while we were waiting for the much-talked-of-never-seen parade. So we searched out a port-a-potty. My six year old was disgusted by the port-a-potty and after much drama and tears used the potty, even though the seat was chilly.

Next, it was the five year old's turn. I toss him in the port-a-potty and shut the door. And then I remember...the kid's still wearing his mittens. This could be a problem. Quickly, I open the door and offer to hold the mittens. Unfortunately, I was too late. My son said, "No, it's all right Mom, I just put them in this holder." What holder? Ah, that would be the urinal (aka mitten bowl).

Pisser!

Exactly.

The leftovers were good though...

There is a moral to this story, an important one, at that. ALWAYS, ALWAYS hold your five year olds mittens for him while he pees in the port-a-potty. Don't say I never told you...

1 comment:

Kari said...

I thought the mitten holder was a purse holder...oops! :-)