Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Run to win...



Yesterday was Olympics Day at our house. We've been doing a little unit study on the history of the Olympic Games, and yesterday we hosted our own summer games in the back yard. Here is a live action photo of E competing in the ever popular obsticale course competition.

This is our verse for the week:

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize. Run is such a way as to get the prize. I Corinthians 9:24

Which reminds me, have you been watching Michael Phelps? That guy is crazy good. He was born with a talent that I cannot even imagine. But you know that's not enough...talent is only a peice of equation. You've got to have drive - a desire to succeed, and the will to perservere through the long hours of practice. It takes discipline and determination.

I'm just not cut out to be an Olympic athelete. I don't have the talent or drive.

But I am in a race...and I want to live in such a way as to win.

So I probably should not be blogging now...

No comments: