Monday, June 2, 2008

Prayer

My prayer life is pathetic right now. Actually, Hubby and I talked last night about how both of our spiritual walks seem sorta shallow right now. Technically, we're doing the right things, but the relationship part of the journey is sorta shallow. It's bugging me.

Isn't the the point of being a Christ Follower, and not a Muslim or a Jew? My God is not far off. He is near and WANTS to talk with me and KNOW me. I can't really even wrap my brain around that. So how is it then that I have missed the point? He wants mercy not sacrafice. He wants my heart not my paltry deeds.

Incidently, Bub has been praying more lately. We encourage it, especially at dinner time. Lately, he's big into thanking God for major appliances. Dinner prayers go something like this:

"Dear God, Thank you for this food, and for the refrigerator and the dishwasher. Amen"

We love it when Bub prays.

But those kiddos are part of the problem, well not the problem, but my hang up. It used to be that I would spend time journaling, and reading and praying. I'm an introvert, and an introspective kinda girl so this suited me well, and I did have a real vibrant walk with God. Now, I am rarely alone. Almost never! I long to be left alone. Going to the grocery store by my self, is a fabulous treat. So I need to learn to walk with in a new way, or carve out some time for myself.

No comments: