Monday, October 1, 2007

CAMPING

We just got back from a mini-vacation;it was a desperately needed time away.

We trucked it up to South Dakota pulling my dad's Airstream trailer. The thing is older than I am; we prefer to call it vintage. It has some quirks, to say the least, but it was a lifesaver. When on a road trip with kids its always a good thing to be towing a bathroom and a pantry. Tent camping with all my children would send me to the looney bin right now. The trailer was a perfect solution and made a cheap vacation possible.

Neither Hubby or I had ever been to the Black Hills before. They are so pretty. We also saw Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, the Wind Caves and visited Custer State Park. A bison was so close to the truck I could literally have spit on him (and that's saying something seeing as I grew up with sisters and never really mastered the art).

Vacationing with 4 kids isn't exactly relaxing. It's a lot of work, but I'm glad we went. Somethings are priceless.

No comments: