Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Family Day

This summer has been about survival. Well that is not totally true, maybe its been about Blessings Management...anyway its been busy.

Baby came home this spring and we struggled to get her eating coordinated. Then there was the stint at Children's for Baby's blood infection and the ongoing tests. Next were the weeks of fussiness and inability to sleep. Now things have settled down. We finally figured out Baby has acid reflux, she's properly medicated and OH SO SWEET. She puts herself to sleep, talks and giggles and so low maintence I hardly know what to do with myself. She is DELIGHTFUL!

E's OT is wrapping up this week too. No more scrambling to get babysitters!

Landscaping is nearly done, too. Once we got sod in we decided to take a break and wait to put in the flagstone patio. Have I mentioned landscaping is mostly digging, and digging and digging. Move some rock, plant a flower, dig, dig, dig. Not so fun.

I have nothing to complain about really. We have a baby. We have access to OT. We have a house to landscape. These are blessings. But somehow we've had less family time than usual and my kids were missing it. So was I.

Yesterday, Labor Day, we went up past Nederland, ate a yummy picnic courtesey of Boston Market, went on a hike, did a short 4x4 trail, and visited a hippy crystal/mineral/science store in Nederland. There were geodes and E was in nerdy science guy heaven. My kids were SO impressed with the 4x4 trail, and the hike was beautiful. We live in such a beautiful state, and I had so much fun with my family. It was good!

No comments: