Friday, September 14, 2007

Hyperbole and my Husband's Rebuttal

I admit it, my entry about George Bush and My Father's Dragon was a bit hyperbolized. I don't actually believe that if we all just sat down and really listened to each other all would be well, and terrorist attacks would be a thing of the past. I was just trying to make a point that as Westerners we have a tendency to forget there is a whole other world out there that doesn't see things from our perspective. Sometimes our lack of understanding leads to gross miscalculation.

My husband is a staunch Republican and, admittidly, better informed than I am on current events and politics. He sent me these links ("to read at my leasure"):

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/

http://www.bennettmornings.com/

I get the feeling he disagrees with me ...

I haven't actually dug into these resources but I did quickly click. ONe of the sites was selling hats saying, "America: the world's last best hope." Honestly, I don't disagree, but from a strictly fashion stand point these are a major faux pas.

Its hard to be too critical of a country that where I live in comfort and freedom. I am afforded affluence most of the rest of the world will never see. I have choices that many would never dream of.

No comments: