Sunday, March 11, 2007

On your marks, get set...damn.

I was a track star once, okay maybe not a star. I was in seventh grade. I was great, well marginal. But you get the point; I ran. I experienced what it feels like to hear,"runners to your marks, get set, BAM!" The adrenaline, the training, the feeling like everybody's counting on you, there is nothing like it. Except for maybe the fost adopt process (well the first part at least).

We've completed hours of training, we've prepared our home, we're ready...."runners to your marks". We're certified as an official foster care home...." get set". ............ ............. .............. Nothing. No calls. No kid. Nada. Zilch. DAMN. We're suspended in this weird waiting stage. We know that eventually we'll hear the "BAM" and the race will begin, but for now we are on the blocks, positioned, ready, adrenaline pumping. It's exhausting; I want to just start already.

We could get the call in the next 5 minutes, or it could be 6 months. How do you plan you life around that? Not to mention that we don't know if we'll be picking up our daughter from the hospital at 2 days old, or if our daughter will be 18 months and coming from another home.

Faith "smaith" -this stuff is hard. I don't like patience, or long suffering, or trusting or any of that spiritual stuff. "BAM" already.

No comments: