Saturday, March 31, 2007

Hippy Doctors, Here I Come

I'm gluten-free and dairy free. I don't cheat on the gluten part, but cheat with some regularity on dairy. A specialized diet has sort have become second nature to me, and I don't really think about it except when I go to the grocery store, or a restaurant. Abnormal becomes normal after you live with it for awhile, and I'd lost track of all the things I have allergies and sensitivities to. So here is my list. I'm allergic to:

-pine pollen
-grass
-wheat
-rye
-barley
-dairy
-metal
-some sunscreen
-some lotion
-some soap
-my dog
-rabbits
-cats
-walnuts
-maybe almonds

My sister sees this hippy homeopathic family practitioner. My good friend, is also seeing a homeopathic MD. I'm liking these hippy doctors - and I think this might be my next line of attack. Currently, I'm taking super strong antibiotics, an anti-fungal and steroids, and trying to avoid all my allergens. It's not really working, and all that the traditional practitioners have to offer is a CAT scan, surgery, anti-histamines and stronger steroids. Yes indeed, the hippys are sounding mighty good about now. I went to school at CU Boulder after all, and truth be told I own not 1, but 2, pairs of Birkenstocks.

Peace Out!

No comments: