Sunday, March 11, 2007

Jesus and a Good Therapist

Forget a college fund, what my kids really need a is a good therapy fund. They'll need it when they turn 18 and discover all the ways that my husband and I screwed them up:
-No pony for 5th birthday - scarred for life
-Excessive chores - permanent disability
-Forgot to make them brush after breakfast -dentures at 25
- Allowed them to be seen in public in cowboy boots and a leotard - body image issues

My good friend, Julia the Indomitable, has passed on this profound bit of parenting wisdom which I will now pass on to you, dear reader. It goes a little something like this, "You're gonna screw up your kids. Get over it. It's nothing Jesus and a Good Therapist can't fix."

Do you think you can get some kind of tax deduction for a Therapeutic Savings Account? It's a little like a Roth IRA don't you think? Maybe call it a ROTH TSA, just an idea....

No comments: