Sunday, May 18, 2008

Operation Cupcake Beautification





I had no idea a was so trendy. I thought I was just being practical, but apparently I'm not only practical, but cool. Imagine that!

I thought I'd make cupcakes for Baby's 1st birthday party. It's seemed appropriate and relatively easy. I bought a $6 mix (for all you non-GFers, yes this is the going price - I'm appalled too). It tasted yummy, as it should for that kind of highway robbery. But, sadly, my cupcakes flopped. They were distinctly uncute. (note picture).

I am cheap, and the cupcakes were yummy. So I thought I'd try to redeem my floppy cakes. I went online to do a little research, and lo and behold I discovered that I was cool. Did you know that cupcakes are trendy? Do you have any idea how many blogs are soley devoted to cupcake recipes and decorations. Did you know that little cupcake boutiques are popping up all over the place in trendy and hip neighborhoods. I happened upon trendiness....lucky me.

Anyway, I was inspired by my cyber cupcake research and went about beautifying my unattractive cakes. I used a strategy that women have known about for centuries...if you cannot eliminate the flaw, disguise it, use bold colors and tacky accessories if necessary. I was pleased with my results. (note picture)

Baby liked them too. (note picture)








No comments: