Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Life Song

Lisa is my cyber acquaintance, we're tight, she and I.

Okay, maybe not. But I wish we were, because she's the kind of woman I want to be when I grow-up. She and her husband brought home 3 kiddos from Ethiopia last year. Here is her YouTube to commemorate this anniversary. I think it's touching and the song is perfect, but maybe that is because I have a soft spot for such things.

****
I was reading it in "Seizing Your Divine Moment" about how faith is never ever safe. If you take a leap of faith there is a decent chance you'll go SPLAT. If our spiritual journey was safe it wouldn't require faith. And that is an essential part of the equation.

Risk.
Faith.
Success.
Failure.

They are all entwined.

And unfortunately, real faith requires real risk. And, almost always, it's really messy.

Lisa lept. She chose to parent 3 kiddos with bruised hearts. She didn't have to. I guarantee it was expensive, and not just the finances. People pay for adoption with their hearts.

I'm pretty sure, Lisa would tell you that when she allowed Jesus to break her heart for the orphans of Ethiopia the journey began. It's heart-wrenching, and amazing and fabulous and risky.

Not everyone should adopt...but everyone can live life on the edge.

What's your edge?

No comments: