Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Update in Bullets

-Our (Colorado) house is under contract. This is good. 1 Rent plus 1 mortgage equals yuck! But seeing as one deal has fallen through already; I'll believe in closing the deal when we have a check in hand- a tiny, little, baby, the housing market sucks check. So much for the glory days of of real estate investment.

-The two middle kids are homeschooling. It's mostly great, and mostly efficient. Except for when it is uber crummy. Then I think I would move back to Colorado and live in a cardboard box, just to get my kids in a good school. But good is definitely out-weighing the bad, and we will likely school more kids at home next year. To have this choice is a b

-Eddie has been swimming again. And biking a little, and running a little.

-We have baby calves in the pasture. We're in a little town, minutes from a big big city. We have hills (if no mountains) and a bay. We have all the convinces of city life with the beauty and wildlife of rural living. We have horses and cows, and none of it to manage. I love this. It is crazy unmerited grace in the vortex of ordinary.

- I skoinked my right foot, ankle and knee but good today when I fell down the stairs carrying Abby. It was such a good reminder of what a difference a second an a few inches can make in a life. All is the illusion of control. And Motrin is good. And health insurance is good - though I'm hoping I don't have to use it.

-My dad is in Rwanda. I want to go too. I am happy here, content in these slow child-rearing days. But someday, when the season changes I'll have stamps in my passport too.

No comments: