Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pity Me, or Don't

We've had the stomach flu. I am an overachiever at the stomach flu. A champ.I won't go into details, but believe me here.

We're recovering. I'm recovering, but it's left me in an emotional funk. The emotional funk in the midst of sickness is not the time to evaluate ones life. But I was starting down a road of self pity.

See I've got 2 kids with dyslexic tendencies, and one with FASD, and then one who's just freaky smart. These kids, plus my temperament do not equal an easy match for public schools.

I was feeling rather grumpy about this.

But turn it around. I have the opportunity homeschool my kids in a way that is tailored to who they are. I have an opportunity to know and invest in them for who they are, and how they are wired. I have choices. This is a blessing. It is. No need for pity here...I have the choice to live this with joy, to the hilt, or to, NOT. And I get to pick.

No comments: