Friday, June 10, 2011

The jury is out...but I might like to run

Eddie is training for a sprint triathlon. Not me. I thought a 5K would be a legitimate first step from my former coach potato status. I'd never been so out of shape. It was down-right yucky. I had to do something...something drastic.

So I've been "running" (and those quotation marks are appropriate) for about 4 weeks now. I am slow, and slowly getting into shape. But I'm discovering that I actually, might actually, maybe quite possibly could like this thing. Jury is still out. I'm not committing, but I feel so much better after a "run" that it makes me want to do it again.

Really good running shoes help.
30 minutes away for kids double help.
Potential to get my fat a** in shape, or at least less fat is quite motivational as well.

If I can do it so can you...think about it.

No comments: