Thursday, November 4, 2010

Quotables and Bullet Points

  • Caleb, aka kid #3, is laid back. He's seriously low key - and it sometimes disguises itself as laziness. Yet, underneath he's got this creative and incredible inner world. He's got a fabulous ear for music. He's funny - but he can be so quiet you miss funny comments. So, I thought I should record recent Caleb comments for posterity.

"When I die and go to heaven I want to get the body of a lego guy." - Caleb

"Mom, I think I can breathe through my ears." - Caleb

  • I am riddled with guilt because our puppy has an ear infection. I have no idea why this is my fault, but it feels like I failed at puppy ownership and will have to turn in my " Humane Individual Card". This is compounded by the fact that we returned Psychotic Oso, may he rest in peace, to the shelter a week after rescuing him.

  • We're homeschooling. It's going well. I am still not convinced we are lifers. Homeschooling is an imperfect solution (Back-off you homeschooling nut jobs - It is NOT perfect, and not everyone should do it.). However, public school are jacked too, and so is private school. So where does that leave us?

"Je ne sait pas" is French for "I don't know".

I think it sounds classier than, "I'm clueless."

So

"Je ne sait pas."

  • I have a cold. I hate colds.

  • Abby is wearing a princess dress over her footie jammies tonight. She is kid number four, so we don't care. She's sleeping. Sleep is good - she could ask to sleep in medieval chain mail and we'd probably say "yes."
  • I talked with this amazing woman who just adopted a newborn. She's in her late 40's and has 10 kids, and a whole bunch of foster kids. Most are special needs. She's normal looking, and put together - in case you were wondering. I'm pretty sure she knows a lot about the important things. Plus, she said, "Get Pull-ups; it doesn't matter if your daughter is 6 years old when she is finally potty trained." , and that makes me like her even better.
  • I'm excited our little church is hosting an Orphan Sunday initiative. Go Us. We're little. We're made up of mostly new Christ-followers. And we're talking orphan care.
  • I've taken to carrying around a bottle of childrens' antihistamine with me. My allergies are become a PAIN, and I've found a swig of liquid Benedryl is the fastest solution. Pretty sure nobody's doctor recommends that.

1 comment:

Eddie Wood said...

Other quotables:
"Walk-a-goalie" for Guacamole.
"Ortho-penis" for Orthopedist.
"Girled-cheese" for grilled Cheese.