Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Up to my eyeballs...

This morning, when I posted my "Happy Birthday Baby" I noticed it had been quite some time since I'd written.

It's been hectic.

Not all that interesting, but hectic.

The long and short of it is that we own a rental house. Our tenant moved out and left things a mess. We've been spending our hard won buckaroos and every last minute fixing up the said mess. All the while we've been trying to get new tenants.

Also, happening: We're finishing our basement into an apartment for a single mom. Long story. We're in process and have a contact at the Hope House who has been giving us pointers as we're looking to work with a young mom.

Also happening: End of the school year craziness and kid events.

Also happening: Hubs has a day job. You knew that, but did you know that there have been some interesting, exciting, time-consuming developments happening there within?

Also happening: ICKY GI Bug

Also happening: Pink Eye

Also happening: Babe's B-day

Also happening: church commitments

Also happening: waiting to hear about my job this fall

( Yes, I know that last one doesn't require me to do anything. But waiting happens to be one of my least favorite non-activities. I even peek under the wrapping paper at Christmas time for goodness sakes- I know it's lame, I just. can't. help. myself. )

Suffice it to say we're "maxed out", "stretched too thin", "running on fumes" etc. etc.

Margins. Usually we do a decent job of keeping white space in our lives. But our margins got scribbled on. And if we were to be totally honest, we'd have to admit some of the scribbles were made with our own pens. I'm hoping that this weekend we'll be able to pull out that big pink gum eraser and create a little do-nothing time in our lives. Wish us luck, or better yet: pray.

No comments: