Monday, March 30, 2009

Long obedience in the same direction...

It's a book title, and a fabulous one, at that. I haven't read it; I've just "heard" about it from my cyber-friend Jennifer, but a title like that makes me want to read it.

Because don't you feel like that's what life is?

Doing the next thing, and the next, and the next. It's putting one foot in front of the other and keeping your eyes on the goal.

I'm a planner by nature, a visionary. I see how things could be, should be. It's always been a challenge for me to keep my eyes on the future, and my feet, and mind, on terra firma. Right here. Right now. In this moment. Doing what I should be doing.

It's easy to get discouraged when you look at all the obstacles in the way, and the challenges you will face. But one foot in front of the other...obedience in the same direction...I can do that. You can do that.

No comments: