Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Shambles

So Hubby came home last night after I spent the day trying to deal with 4 kids and have the stomach flu. He said, "Ah...things are kinda in shambles around here." He knew I was sick, and he honestly wasn't being judgemental (he came home early to help), but I think he was a little surprised. I apparently do more than he knew. I know that he didn't think I sat around eating bon bons. But I don't think he realized that I was the one to put new toilet paper on the rolls, and wipe counters, and take out the kitchen trash. Or that I was the one who got the kids to put away their toys and make their beds.

Hubby got the kids fed, and in bed. He cleaned up the kitchen - kinda. But I've got a gigantic mess, and I still feel cruddy. This was my week to catch up on housework and paperwork, and alas, I am falling further behind. (yeah, I know, stop griping.)

In an attempt to see the situation in a "glass is half full" light I will say that the stomach flu is more efficient than any of the diets I ever attempted. Couple days of this and I'll be at my goal weight.

No comments: