Monday, March 17, 2008

My Doctor, My Friend

I should be being productive, but I've been cooking since 9:30AM and I hit a wall. I'm pooped, but my freezer is full of dinners that just need to be pulled out and warmed up. I hate these marathon cooking sessions, but it's a relief to not have to worry about what's for dinner for awhile. Also, I came home from Costco with 15lbs. of meat that needed to be "dealt" with.

A Costco membership is my latest attempt to get my grocery budget under control. I'll let you know how it goes. But basically, I've decided that its just plain expensive to feed a family of 6. Not to mention our dietary weirdness (gluten-free ain't cheap).

Forgive my randomness, but what I meant to blog about was my doctors appt. This morning I had to go to my new doctor to get a perscription refilled. When I called to make an appt. I said, "Just make an appt. with whomever. I don't know any of the doctors here." To which the receptionist replied, "I've got an appt. with Dr. Peterson."

"Hmm...would that be a Dr. Susan Peterson? Actually, I do know her..." Susan is a part of the little homechurch we were a part of.

Anyway today was my appt. Susan, aka Dr. Peterson, has only been working at the clinic by our house for 1 week. And I've only had this insurance for 2 weeks. I think its kinda miraculous I got an appt. with her. She was awsome, compassionate and competent. It was nice to have an established rapport with a new doctor; it was nice to feel understood. She even prayed with me at the end of our appt.

When we asked people to pray for Bub we specifically asked that we would be matched up with good Doctors. Our prayer was for Bub, but finding Susan seems like a little added blessing.

I haven't blogged in awhile, so I've got much to fill you in on (including a priceless hip-hop performance by our eldest son). But for now I've gotta run. My kids are not just hungry they are starving, that is if their whine and griping can be trusted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.