Friday, March 21, 2008

Paul to Ephesus

I'm supposed to be reading through Ephesians with my Mom's group. So far its been a kinda pathetic attempt at Bible Study (sorry girls, but its true). But every once and awhile I get back to it on my own. Today, I was reading one of my favorite passages in Ephesians 3. I'll share it with you, but you'll have to stick with the apparent run on sentences.



"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. and I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power together with all the saints, to grasp howwide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measureof all the fullness of God."

Here are a few things that caught my attention as I read:

-"so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith". What does that look like exactly? Well, when I first met Hubby I was downright twitterpaited. My thoughts were never far from him. And since becoming a mother every decision I make comes back to how it will affect my children. I guess if Christ is dwelling in my heart that means that he's always on my mind and my decisions are influenced by who He is in my life.

-I love the image that "being rooted and established in love" creates in my mind. For me, this is what I want my kid's childhood to be about. I want them to have the security, and nurturing they need to provide a strong foundation for life. From reading this passage it sounds like we need to be "rooted and established" before we can really understand the love that Christ has for us. Before we can get lost in the vastness of His love we need to be set in a secure foundation of love.

Speaking of little children... there are three curled up on my bed right now. I best be going. But before I do I need to tell you a sweet thing my boys did this morning. It's M's birthday today. The boys got up before her, and woke her up singing their rendition of Happy Birthday. It was cute!

Gotta run.

No comments: