Friday, May 11, 2007

Slacker-dom - The land of zero productivity

I cannot muster up the gumption to be productive these days. It's spring and my mind simply won't focus. So we've hit every playground in a 5 mile radius in the last couple of weeks. Gym class right? We've gone on walks to collect leaves and flower buds. Science. We've visited the library and read books aloud. Reading and Language Arts.

I wipe down the bathroom counters, and sweep up the big chunks of dirt on the floor. Clean right? My kids love beans and weenies for dinner so I toss a salad to go with it and we call it dinner. Hey, hotdogs are a legitimate source of protein.

I know the life of a slacker is not maintainable but there is certainly something to be said for the lifestyle. Slackerdom cannot be my permanent home but when spring fever hits its a great place to visit. The view is nice from here. I've noticed a momma and pappa bird build a nest. And some of those children's books have fabulous pictures. Besides after the emotional roller-coaster our "almost adoption referral" my heart is a little raw. I could use a little white space to heal before we jump back into life.

No comments: