Saturday, May 26, 2007

Quick Update from the Sleep Deprived

I wish I could post pictures of our baby on the blog. I can't for legal reasons, but let me just say she is sooo BEAUTIFUL. I am smitten. I am also tired. Baby Girl eats like a preemie and has a very unorganized suck. It's hard work for her to eat and hard work for us to feed her. They are watching her very closely to make sure she's gaining weight and that means we've been to the doctor a lot lately. Yesterday I took her to the Occupational Therapist at Children's in Denver. Those therapists are my heros. They've made such us difference for both E and Baby's world. I'm pretty sure the techniques I've learned from the OT will help her get the food she needs to grow. Otherwise a feeding tube is something that will have to be considered. I DO NOT want that for my sweet baby.

My other kiddos are doing well, but I can tell they are missing me. Still I love how they dote on their new sister. They always want to hold her and kiss her, and are quick to help if I ask.

E had his awards ceremony at OPTIONS school yesterday. He got 3 awards; the most exciting for me was the presidential physical fitness award. At the beginning of the year E was in the 30th percentile, now, after his therapy he got an award for being above the 85th percentile. YEAH! Have I mentioned that I love Children's OT/PT? Have I said how proud I am of my son? He's had to work hard on his exercises, but it is definitely paying off.

I'm starting to zone out, and I should rescue Eddie. He's trying to work on the sprinkler system in our yard and he's had quite a few helpful pointer from our own "peanut gallery". Those, "maybe you should just..." comments our 3 year old is making are not going over all that well.

No comments: