Thursday, February 3, 2011

Little Abby

Kids #1,2 and 3 are bright and creative, but they've never had imaginary friends. Kid #4 does. And to my great delight Abby has named her imaginary friend after.....herself. True, it is a bit narcissistic to name ones imaginary friend after oneself. But if you can't get away with narcissistic tendencies when you're 3, when can you?

Little Abby usually comes out to play when we are transitioning from one thing to another. Change stresses out my little one, and she's clever enough to know it's better to do hard things with a friend.

My big kids think Little Abby is a kick. They are always asking Big Abby about Little Abby because the answers they get are, frankly, amusing. Once on the ride home from Grandpa's Emma asked, "Abby, where is Little Abby?"

Gasp.

Shriek.

"Emma, you're squishing her!", Big Abby hollered. She was dismayed.

And my big kids died of laughter. Emma, being a considerate sister, did however move her foot.

Funny, charming endearing, that little girl of ours.

2 comments:

Jennifer McHam said...

Mark had an imaginary friend also named... Little Mark. Little Mark did lots of the tasks that Big Mark didnt want to do like picking up bugs and throwing them in the trash or putting away the dishes. We still laugh about it.

Honeycutt Family said...

Too cute!
I had an imaginary hamster when I was little and my dad sat on him. I was devastated.
Grace has an imaginary friend named "Bethany Hump" who has rainbow hair, purple eyes, and dark skin. Little kids' minds are so funny!!!!