Thursday, July 23, 2009

shootin' you with bullets

My posts, as of late, are nothing more than a smattering of bullet points. Allow me to shoot you with bullets one more time:

-Today we went to court hoping our irritating tenants would not show up and we'd win our eviction case by default. No such luck. They answered our complaint. The answer was pretty much garbled googly-gunk that won't hold water in court. But, on the upside for the defendants, they get another week rent free until our trial date. I spent the afternoon talking to every real estate lawyer who would give me audience. Our case is good. But I am suspicious that having a just case is not the same thing as getting justice.

-We're making BLT's tonight for dinner, because it's summer.

- The boys are going camping this weekend. It's the 8th annual all boys, no-moms-allowed, camping trip. Picture Lord of the Flies and you'll get the idea.

-Yesterday evening Eddie and I went on an actual-real-life date. We ate Pei Wei (which Eddie's dad pronounces Pee Wee, as in Pee Wee Herman, do you remember him?). Delish! Then we walked around Colorado Mills Mall. A salesman in Perry Elis mistook us for cool, culturally with-it people. He kept dropping these references to people/things in popular culture. Finally I said, "Dude, did you think we were cool? We're not cool; we have no idea what you're talking about."

He seemed to respect that.

-I've started lesson planning. I'm contemplating the purchase of a cow eye-ball for disection. Go figure.

-I am, again, committing myself to the consumption of vegetables. Loosing weight is such a pain; couldn't they just make veggies taste more like cookies?

No comments: