Sunday, July 12, 2009

Summer

Does anyone else feel like their summer is going by too quickly? Our's is flying by at break neck speed. It's like a roller-coaster with it's ups and downs and loopty-loos. I never know what's around the corner and it's over before I ever get adjusted to its pace.

June wasn't summer... it was a mad dash to finish the basement.

Our summer started in July, and July is zipping by with nary a care.

Slow down summer, slow down. I like these mornings that we sleep in to 8. I like grilling hamburgers, and sipping lemonade. I like camping and visits from the family. We will go swimming more than once. And I'll be bejuggled if we never make homemade ice cream.

Lesson planning keeps whispering, "crack the books; begin the planning." The garage is begging to be cleaned. And I swore I'd get the kids to the dentist this summer.

Summer don't slip through my fingers just yet...I need more time to read to my children and watch my garden grow...

Carpe "the summer". Yea - it'd sound better in Latin...sophisticated and literary, but my Latin is rusty and you wouldn't understand me anyway.

No comments: