Monday, June 22, 2009

Show and Tell











Many of you know we've been finishing our basement as an apartment to make available for a teen mom. The idea was that we could help give her and her children a safe and comfortable place to live AND HOPEFULLY, she would be able to help us with some childcare needs.








Well...we're finished. SIGH!








The apartment turned out wonderfully and our new tenant is thrilled. Some friends, and you know who you are, helped enourmously. I feel like I should do the Academy Awards thing and thank everyone who made it possible. I am so grateful; she is so grateful. Seriously, I cannot tell you how fun it was to hand over keys to an apartment that was furnished. The pantry was brimming, and there were little extra touches everywhere: gift baskets, diapers, cleaning supplies, Bath and Body lotions, the whole 9 yards.








It was way better than Christmas.








Don't begrudge me my show-and-tell; I am proud, proud that a whole community that pulled together to bless a mom who could use a break.








1 comment:

Karen (3rsandahug) said...

Congrats! So glad you're done. I believe you will be blessed as you have blessed your new tenant. (BTW, the apartment is beautiful!)