Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bad bad blogger

So my commitment to blog well and often has...um...well....let's just say it's right up there with my commitment to stop eating chocolate. In leu of excellence or frequency I offer you this:

Bullet Points.

-The commercial construction market is slow, so marketing is becoming a priority for my husband, who would rather have his work speak for itself. I keep encouraging Eddie to prostitute himself, and have been affectionately referring to him as my little construction whore. I think he secretly likes it.

-The neighbor's bunnies had bunnies...as bunnies tend to do. My kids have been pestering us to NO END to let them keep the bunnies. They are darling, and I am tempted. I just have to keep reminding myself that 2 years olds tend to love and squeeze bunnies a little too much. Remember "Of Mice and Men", remember how you cried?

-We have another referral for a teen mom to come live in our basement. I'm getting smarter and smarter each time I think through the interview process. Soon I'll be a friggin' genius, jaded, but still a genius.

-We finally got the "sex book" to read to our son - you know the nice christian one with soft watercolor images to explain God's design for intimacy. I asked E if he wanted to read it. He said "No. Mom, sex is disgusting." So I bribed him. He read it. He still thinks sex is gross. I'm hoping that that opinion will last a long long long long long time.

-Our friends are letting us borrow their pop-up camper. So in a couple of weeks we're headed up to Grand Lake. I'm crazy excited. I didn't camp at all last year which is just plain pathetic when you live in one of the most beautiful states in the union.

-My gardens are beautiful this summer. BEAUTIUL. When I am an old lady, and I don't have children underfoot I am going to dig up my whole lawn and plant flowers. They're medicinal even without ingesting them. No matter what's going on in my life I can look at them and my heart feels better. Plus I've vowed never to mow a lawn, so this way I can save Eddie the trouble.

1 comment:

song said...

I recommend saying NO to the bunnies. Sure they look so cute and cuddly, but that are a pain to maintain. We had one as kids and we despised it because we had to clean the cage which was an awful chore. And so smelly.