Monday, April 21, 2008

Some things I like about my Sweetie...

-He files our taxes.
-and organizes our tupperware
-and our coat closet
-and our junk drawer.

He not only brings home the bacon he also pays the bills on-line.

He makes Excel spreadsheets to determine our best anniversary trip.

He also mows our lawn in meticulously straight lines.

I know what you're thinking..."Wow, that guy should have been an engineer or an accountant or something." But I really, really like that my husband is a freak about the details. I am, shall we say, more "free-thinking" in my interpretion of what qualifies as organized. There is a usually a global sytem to the things I tackle, but the details tend to fall through the cracks. He's handy to keep around, that sweetie of mine. He kinda trails after me picking up the messes I make.

For instance, I'm a good cook. I tend to think of recipes as guidelines. Even while baking. Admittedly, this has ended disasterously on more than one occasion. Still, I'm a better than average cook. Sadly, tupperware organization completely escapes me. So every once in a while, when the situation becomes desperate, and I cannot open the tupperware cabinet without half a dozen containers without lids falling on me, Hubby rescues me. In ten minutes he's got it whipped into shape. All containers are neatly nested, and lids arranged by size and shape. Amazing! Heroic in my book.

God knew I needed a guy like him. He's the peanut butter to my jelly. He's the chocolate to my....well damn, chocolate goes with everything. That metaphor ain't gonna fly. You get the idea. I love that man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...God must have missed the boat with Matt and I. I am not really a details person and he is TOTALLY not a details person. Where dose that leave us? The stairs need to be vaccuumed, only half the tupperwear even has lids, the base of the toilet needs to be scrubbed, I think the dogs are due for shots...

Gretchen