Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Picture This...

Last night I got a migrane. My particular brand of migrane comes complete with auras. I "see the light" even when there is no light to be seen. My home remedy includes pounding a pot of coffee, a coctail of analgesics, and most importantly pushing on the bridge of my nose as hard as possible. Somehow the counter pressure helps.

This morning I woke up to discover that I had pushed so hard on the bridge of my nose that I had bruised it and caused it to swell. I look like a troll...a slightly disoriented, light sensitive troll. So, though my migrane is mostly at bay, I am still sporting my shades... and my fluffy white bath robe, and comfy slippers and pajama pants that shrunk in the wash. I am a sight to behold.

While we were waiting for our oatmeal bake to be done we curled up on the overstuffed chair to read our read-aloud, "Dr. Doolittle", at present. It was a double batch b/c I had use up our oatmeal so my son could take the oatmeal box and transform it into a Valentines Box for school on Friday. It took forever to bake, so we read 4 chapters. Snuggled up with my kiddos in my bath robe and sunglasses and reading about Dr. Doolittle's exploits, I though, "I am blessed." It was one of those sweet, distictly unglamourous moments, where I realized the richness I have in the simple things in life.

I would post a picture, but alas, I am too proud. You'll just have to use your imagination.

2 comments:

Karen (3rsandahug) said...

Nah, I won't injure your dignity by even trying to picture it. Migraines stink! Hope tomorrow is better.
Karen

Anonymous said...

What is oatmeal bake? Sounds delicious. Can I have the recipe? I also want your gf french bread recipe, I was wondering if you could shape it into bread bowls, yum! Sorry your head was hurting and your nose is deformed.
Amanda