Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Homeschooling:week 2

I remember why I love homeschooling.

We spent a half hour just watching a baby calf in the field, and rode bikes. We curled up on the couch reading a Fredrick Douglass biography. He read. He did his best and was proud of his work. He is learning. Quickly even. He may not be quite at grade level, according to "the district" , but he is dang close, even by their standards. Give him a month or two of fear- free, opportunity rich time and He will flourish. It's been so fun.

Remind me of this on the days when I hate homeschooling. They will come.

Emma is jealous. She wants to come home. Remind me that homeschooling one is not the same as homeschooling two, or three, or four. Pray for me as I wrestle with where my children should be next year. .

No comments: