Sunday, November 20, 2011

Easiest, Hardest, Most Surprising.

Yesterday I asked Eddie what has been the easiest, hardest and most surprising thing about this move. It was a pretty good question, I thought. Here are my answers:

-EASIEST
-Finding a church
-Finding my way around a new area
-getting unpacked and settled

HARDEST
-Helping the kids navigate really hard school stuff
-Watching Eddie struggle with acclimating to a really difficult job
-Finding time to exercise

SURPRISING
-We found a big, pretty traditional church that we are becoming acquainted with. "Big" and "Traditional" have not been the adjectives of our recent church history, and we didn't think a church like that was our speed. Yet we are finding community, and stability and worshipfulness in this place.
-How much I've enjoyed intentionally hanging out with the family.

No comments: