Tuesday, March 29, 2011

We're IN!

Yesterday, at precisely 5:01 PM, I received an email. It's the one I've been waiting for a forever of 6 weeks or so. And we're in, just like that.

We've homeschooled, mostly, and dabbled in private Christian school and now we'll be doing public charter school. Because all 3 of my big kids drew "seats" in the lottery for this fabulous charter for gifted and creative learners.

I love the idea of homeschooling, and have, at least in seasons, loved the actual doing of homeschool. But it's not the best choice for my kids now. And christian school is pricey. We've loved Christan school too. But it does tend toward creating "Club Jesus" and that is not what I want for my family or children. The neighborhood public school is bad, and actually not in the neighborhood. The district buses kids from our subdivision to a rough neighborhood. That would be throwing my kids into the deep end - not going to happen. So what to do? Well we found the answer in this little charter, and we prayed we'd get in.

We did.

This is big news. I'm thrilled - mostly. And a little sad for what I am losing. To a non-homeschooler this would make no sense. Believe it or not there are some sweet moments unique to homeschool. I'll miss it. Really, I will. But we're in a new season...a good new season, but still.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! Charter school is my second choice after homeschooling...I waffle so much between homeschooling and public school yet still go down the homeschool route. The only given for me so far is Becca attending hsc through 6th grade (one more year!).

{K} said...

That's awesome they got in!!