Friday, July 8, 2011

I 'm 35

Why does 35 sound so much older than 34? I know 35 isn't old, but it does land me smack dab in the middle of adulthood, and that's just strange.

Yesterday was my birthday. It was a typical day - or almost typical. I went out at about 10 with Abby to run errands and when I came home a little after 11 I had a surprise waiting. The kids had made "6 Margaritas" the Happy Birthday version of 5 Margaritas Mexican Restaurant. This one day restaurant was complete with a hostess stand (w/ mints), tableclothes, candles (unlit), and a homemade menu.

Have I had better mexican food? Yep.
Did the wait staff nibble on my nachos? Yep
Were my microwave enchilladas piping hot. UM...not so much.

Yet I felt loved and special, and my kids made 35 memorable. Just thought you should know...

No comments: